Thursday, December 14, 2017

Members & Missionaries

11/13/17

Hey everyone! This week was pretty great! I just love our ward soooo much. They really fulfill their callings and help missionary work to move along! Our ward mission leader introduced us to a ton of people this week who have been coming to church for quite some time but now need to be taught by the missionaries. This area hasn't had set assigned missionaries in their ward for quite awhile so now they are ready to help us. We are going to be busy, busy preparing these people for baptism.

Investigators:
Milton: Milton showed up at our chapel one day this past week and luckily the elders were there and he was like, "can anyone come to this church?" and they were like, "look at the sign, visitors welcome." He promised to come on Sunday and he did. He was so excited to be at church and he even bought himself a set of scriptures. We have our first appointment with him this week.

Br. David: He is scheduled to be baptized at the end of this month and we were teaching him about The Book of Mormon this week and he was like, "I came across this book before but never read it. I heard weird things about it. But you see, it's like a bad man. Everyone says that this man is bad but once you overcome what everyone else says and get to know the man, you realize that he isn't as bad as everyone says. He is actually a good person, just misunderstood. This is like The Book of Mormon and once I know this book is true I will invite all of my friends to read it." POWERFUL.

Typical Tessa moment:
On Sunday I was bearing my testimony introducing myself into the ward and as a missionary I am used to looking down at my name tag and pointing when introducing myself and so I did that and the members were cracking up after sacrament meeting like, "you just had to verify it was you, right?" It was pretty funny and we laughed about that for some time.

Making the most out of my last 5 weeks! Love you all. 

Pictures:
1) Meet the Gweru Ward pianist, Beana.
2) Sandra's baptism. Cool story, a couple months ago we actually contacted her and gave her information to the elders as a referral. She progressed and now is baptized! We got to finish teaching her this past week before her interview. Missionary work is so cool. It really is a team effort of everyone including members and missionaries.
3) Gweru is so beautiful to meee, can't you seee.
4) Love these sistas.




No comments:

Post a Comment