Thursday, December 14, 2017

hakuna matata

9/11/17

hey family and friends,
 
I hope that everyone is doing well! 
Just a couple highlights from this week.
Cliff: Most humble guy ever. We taught him about The Word of Wisdom and when we mentioned coffee and tea he was so shocked! He said,"I stopped taking alcohol a long time ago because it was bad for me and I didn't know coffee and tea were bad as well." When we asked him if he would keep the Word of Wisdom, his response was, "of course, definitely I will." I love his faith and strict obedience to God's commandments. 
Our Family Home Evening this week was so fun. We played "Do you love your neighbor" which they thought was absolutely hilarious and everyone had the biggest smiles and if any of my Pinnacle friends know that clapping game "Big booty" hahah. It was very enjoyable. A sister in our branch brought her three sons. Turns out all of them are members except the oldest son and she told us that because of the FHE, it made him want to come to church the next day and he did come! We are starting to teach him this week and are so excited!
Missionary work here in Zimbabwe is the best, enjoying to the end. Serving God's children always fills my heart with much joy.

-- 
Love,
Sister Beckstead


No comments:

Post a Comment