Thursday, December 14, 2017

It's been real. It's been great

I have basically been sitting at the computer procrastinating to write out this last group email because it is so bittersweet. 

Just a couple cute things I remember from this week:
- This little girl poked me at church yesterday and goes, "In 12 years, I can also go on a mission like you." So tender.. :)
- We met this sweet grandma on the street (she was selling things in a little shop) and she invited us in to come and speak with her. She was so excited and talking about her family so we shared a little bit about the Plan of Salvation with her. When I mentioned that there is life after death, this life is not all that there is she gasped and said, "Oh, is it? That gives me hope that one day I will see my own parents one day and that my grand kids will be able to see their granny again when I die." I am grateful for this wonderful message of hope and peace that we have as members of this church.

This last week I am going to eat all of the sadza and beef stew that I can and enjoy the culture. I love Zimbabwe and Africa in general. I am incredibly grateful to have been able to serve here in Zimbabwe for the last 18 months. It has been a very humbling experience as I have been entrusted as one worthy to share this restored gospel with these saints. They are the kindest, most genuine people I have ever met and it has been my dream to be here. Grateful for a kind Father & Savior who love all of us, black and white, bond and free, male and female. I am grateful for The Book of Mormon which has cheered my soul on hard days and also the soothing, healing power that it has as I have been able to share it with my investigators. It is hard to see this glorious time end, but I know that my service and love towards God's children will continue. 

I love you all. See you very soon! Merry Christmas!
 
Pics-
Baptisms, sadza .... it has been fun






-- 
Love,
Sister Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment