Thursday, December 14, 2017

Families and Temples

10/16/17

Hello family and friends,
This week we talked a lot about families and temples in zone conference. I remembered one of the most beautiful times in the Las Vegas temple at home. It was my first time just a few months before my mission and I came out into the celestial room and saw my family waiting in there. My father gave me a big hug and whispered in my ear, "We have to get your brothers here." Families are forever and I am thankful we have "heaven on earth," a place that we can go and make sacred covenants to be bound to our families forever and also to prepare us to be in the presence of our Father in Heaven.
This week we met with the most beautiful family. They did not have much, and I wondered what made them to be so happy. They had the biggest smiles and I could tell that they really loved each other, you could feel that love and peace in their home. We are currently teaching them the gospel of Jesus Christ and as we talked about temples, I imagined them in the temple. I am so grateful for temples and I know that they are the house of the Lord. I am excited to go back after 18 months to the holy place.

I love you all! Have a very wonderful week.



-- 
Love,
Sister Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment