Thursday, December 14, 2017

Kuwadzana & The Black Mamba

10/2/17

Hello family and friends!
Things here have been rough for the past couple weeks. My companion went home due to sickness (love her) and so now I am in a trio with two other sisters.(Sister Diing (New Zealand) and Sister Nelson (Wyoming)) We are covering two areas: Mkoba 5th branch and Gweru Ward. We have been working super hard to get things done. 
Despite the difficulties, a lot of really great/cool things have also happened! 
1) I got to go to Kuwadzana, the area I was trained in!!! Since I happened to be in Harare at the time, they thought it would be a good idea to show the new sisters around! I got to see some converts which was literally so touching. Bright is now the ward mission leader and is preparing to serve a mission. Natasha told me she is going to the Johannesburg temple soon. 
2) Cliff got baptized... I wasn't there but the elders took care of it.... He is so powerful. This week we went to teach him and I asked him how the Holy Ghost was working in his life and he was like, "My studies! I am understanding everything much better." 
3) Lately I have been practicing my sadza making skills because yes, I am bringing some home to make for my family and I made the most perfect sadza on Saturday night.
4) There was a Black Mamba outside of our house.... luckily it was killed by the elders. And no, I am not lying! The inside of its mouth was black!
5) This morning we went to Creamy Inn and got ice cream. The lady was so sweet to me and she put a heart with red syrup on my cone. <3 
 
I am so excited to watch general conference this weekend. Conference is the best as a missionary. I love you all. God is good, all the time.

Pictures
1) The purple trees make me so happy.
2) Fortunate and I, recent convert from July. She is getting married to her member boyfriend this month!
3) Natasha from Kuwadzana
4) Sister Namugenyi (Uganda) and Sister Wamaitha (Kenya)
5) The Matanda family. <3






-- 
Love,
Sister Beckstead



No comments:

Post a Comment