Thursday, December 14, 2017

10/30/17

Hello family and friends,

This week was so great. It has been raining a lot which has been kind of a fun change than the usual hot sun. 

The missionary work itself has been pushing along.. We have some cute investigators who I want to share a little bit about.

Tadiwa: Super sweet 14 year old girl we met while contacting. We invited her to church and now she has come the past two sundays, she brings all of her friends too. What a great missionary. 
Fadzai: Met the missionaries some few months back and they left her a pamphlet with their phone number on the back. Her little sister burnt the pamphlet (not really sure why??) but she had been praying for a long time to be able to meet the missionaries again. Her prayer was answered when we met her last week and she told us that cool story. She also came to church on Sunday and we are excited to begin teaching her.

I have been pondering the conference talk from Russell M. Nelson. I loved it so much for two reasons 1) The African king story. 2) the power of The Book of Mormon. I could relate to the story in a few different ways. Sometimes when we go into lessons, there is no need for a translator even when they say they need one because they speak perfect English. Another because if you convert the father of the home, they want the entire family to be joined without a testimony and then we have to explain about how the gospel works one by one.

Here is my favourite quote from the talk:
"Whenever I hear anyone, including myself, say, “I know the Book of Mormon is true,” I want to exclaim, “That’s nice, but it is not enough!” We need to feel, deep in “the inmost part” of our hearts,12 that the Book of Mormon is unequivocally the word of God. We must feel it so deeply that we would never want to live even one day without it." 
I love the Book of Mormon and that gives us the further truths about the plan of salvation, teaches the truth that wickedness never was happiness and fulfils the promise of our Savior visiting His other sheep in the ancient Americas. I could go on and on but I am grateful for this book and that it is the anchor of my testimony.

I love you all!




Pictures: 
1) The real Mufasa
2) whassup
3) African sunsets
4)woohoo for rainy season and walking in gigantic puddles






-- 
Love,
Sister Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment