Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween from Zimbabwe!!

Highlights of the week:
1. One of our investigators, Maimonashe said, "when I look at you, I see God." AWWWW!
2. Brother Maplosa, another man we are teaching said, "I can and want to read the Book of Mormon in one week!" I admire his desire to want to learn more. He is more of a logical person which we don't run into very often here so it's interesting.
3. Sekuru, the recent convert loves reading The Book of Mormon! He sat and told my companion and I the entire story of Nephi getting the plates of Laban. It warmed my heart because even though he is not very educated, the spirit is definitely teaching him.
4. Our dinner appointment got cancelled last night so we decided to contact around the neighborhood and we met a less active! We conversed with her for awhile and are going to go visit her again this week. #powerful

The unexpected is better than anything we could ever plan for ourselves.
Sister Walbeck and I were playing soccer in the street with some little kids looking for an opportunity to share the gospel. I then asked the group of kids if anyone had any recent deaths in the family. No one said anything. Then my companion asks, "Anyone have a new baby in their family?" A young girl said she had a little baby brother and she led us to her home just up the street. When we got to the house, her mother seemed busy and was plating someone's hair. It could have been easy to walk away, but we didn't. Instead, we got to know her on a deeper level after teaching The Plan of Happiness. She opened up to us and and mentioned how her husband just passed away in July around the same time she gave birth. She wondered where God was in the midst of her trials. She said church got too confusing so she stopped going and she stopped praying. We listened to her and then asked her to close with a prayer. After she closed with a prayer she said, "I feel like a million tears are going to fall down. Happy Tears." Her joy was indescribable, it was a reminder for her that God was still there.

When I think of our loving Father in Heaven, I feel the same way this woman felt. He always wants to hear from us just like any child wants to hear from their father. I know that He hears and answers our prayers.

"God is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray, and He can't if you don't dream. In short, He can't if you don't believe." 

It was an eventful week. I love you all. I know this church is the true church! I know The Book of Mormon is Another Testament of Jesus Christ. I hope that everyone has a fantastic week.

P.S. CARVING WATERMELONS TONIGHT WITH MY COMPANION. PUMPKINS DON'T EXIST HERE. HAPPY HALLOWEEN & BE SAFE!!

-- 
Love,
Sister Beckstead





No comments:

Post a Comment