Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Almost Bite...

This upcoming week is my last week of training!!! Yay, I won't be a baby missionary for much longer. ;) Hitting 12 weeks out in the mission field.

Crazy Story:
My companion and I were walking home late at night after a dinner appointment at a member's home. We got fed cow trife and intestines which was interesting. Anyways, we get to a dark alley filled with many stones and garbage covering the ground. After a long day in the heat and October being the hottest month in Zimbabwe, we were tired and were rushing to catch a kombi (bus) home. As we started walking through the alley I spotted a snake very close to my feet and if I took one step further I would have stepped on its tail. My companion who also saw it shouted, "Stop! You almost stepped on a snake!" We then backed up from the snake filled with anxiety. Neither of us have seen a snake here yet!!! A man came by and saw what was happening and took care of it for us. He said it was a very dangerous, poisonous snake. I am thankful that Heavenly Father always takes care of His missionaries. I know that He is always watching over me. 

I absolutely love my mission. I love the people. Even though it is hard every day, I know this is the best thing I could be doing right now. It was a huge sacrifice but I know my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are proud of me every day. As well as my family and friends. I feel the love. :) I know this church is true and that the Book of Mormon is Another Testament of Jesus Christ and it can bring us so much happiness in our lives!

I love you all! Have a great week. 

-- 
Love,
Sister Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment