Monday, October 24, 2016

Munashe and Katie were Baptized!!!

Highlights of the Week:
1. Munashe and Katie (Natasha's mom and Nomatter's grandma) were baptized on Saturday!!
2.) I ate Madora (caterpillars) .... kinda nasty. They cook it in oil and its super crunchy.
3.) The Kuwadzana sisters got matching African dresses!
4.) Rainy season is coming!! It rained all night last night and the weather seems to be cooling down!
5.) MY NEW COMPANION IS AMERICAN AND SHE IS FROM UTAH I LOVE SISTER WALBECK ALREADY.

Alan is powerful and he said something earlier this week that has been running through my mind. We were talking about the Book of Mormon and asking him how he was doing reading it and praying about it and he said, "I think it's true." Such a simple statement but I admire his faith. It reminded me of a General Conference talk I had read in the Liahona earlier this week titled, "Lord, I Believe" by Jeffery R. Holland. Alan was basically saying, "I can't say I know the Book of Mormon is true yet, but I believe it is." Belief is always a step forward. So we encouraged him to keep believing.

Faith may mean following the example of Jesus Christ and being baptized. Faith may be faith in ourselves and the Savior's Atonement to heal us. Faith may be praying to our Heavenly Father even when we feel like He is distant. It could be the courage of walking away from bad friends knowing our Heavenly Father has something better in store for us - the list is endless. What was once a tiny seed can grow into a tree if we but only believe. 

And now, my brethren, desire that ye shall plant this word in your hearts, and as it beginneth to swell even so nourish it by your faith. And behold, it will become tree,springing up in you unto 
everlasting lifeAnd then may God grant unto you that your burdens may be light,through the joy of his Son. And even all this can ye do if ye willAmen.

I had a wonderful week! I hope everyone else did and has a wonderful week this week! I love you all!




-- 
Love,
Sister Beckstead





No comments:

Post a Comment