Monday, July 10, 2017

Rescued

6/26/17

Hello family and friends,

This week we focused on seeing some less active members of the church. Sister Love was one of them. She told us about how when her family was going through a hard time grieving over death, no one went to visit them from the church so she felt forsaken and alone. She was offended and hadn't gone back. I shared with her how the church is like a hospital, we are all sick in our own way but we go there to be healed. Also, how the church and its doctrine are perfect but the people are not perfect. Sister Love was very happy that we came to visit her and she said, "I was lost and now I feel rescued." That really touched my heart and reminded me that we need to find those lost sheep, God wants all of His children back no matter how long they have been lost, or the reason why they became lost. 

I love these verses from Alma 31, as they are trying to rescue the Apostate Zoramites.
34 O Lord, wilt thou grant unto us that we may have success in bringing them again unto thee in Christ.
35 Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are our brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee.
Love you all! Xoxo

Pictures:
1) I got my hair plated just for fun and it looked terrible hahaha then I took it out that same night.
2) oh, rats!
3) Ok, now this is pretty cool. So Elder Dube of the Seventy grew up in Zimbabwe, served a mission in Zimbabwe, and was also a mission president In Zimbabwe! This week I met one of his converts! I had to take a picture with him, anyways it was way cool haha.
4) just a selfie with Elder Banks & my companion, Sister Namugenyi.


-- 
Love,
Sister Beckstead




No comments:

Post a Comment