Monday, February 13, 2017

Joy

Hello family and friends!

This week was pretty grand. I cooked sadza on firewood at investigator innocent's house, got called mchina by a group of kids in chipadze all week (do I really look Chinese?) and taught many great lessons with my lovely companion. Our area is really blooming and we hope we can stay at least one more transfer together (week 5 just began) because we are a team.

Jacqueline, Cynthia, Spalile and Grace are some wonderful young women we are teaching and they have been coming to church the past three Sunday's as well. We finished teaching them about the Restoration this past week and extended a commitment to them to pray to know if The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church on the face of the earth today. They did pray and we asked them of their experiences. Hearing these experiences made me cry tears of joy and gratitude for this true gospel and to witness others finding it to be true themselves. Here are the responses:
"I always want to go to church even when it's Wednesday I want it to be Sunday."
"I feel happy."
"I prayed and felt our heavenly God in heaven beside me."
"I always want to see you two." (My companion and I)

I can't describe how I truly felt inside when I listened to them describe the feelings of their hearts. It softened my own heart and made me realize I am an instrument in this missionary work. It filled me with joy that is inexpressible. Joy I want every person to experience at least in some point of their lives. Nephi in first Nephi chapter 8 describes my feelings of joy better than I can myself.
"And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit." (Verse 12)
..." And it came to pass that I beckoned unto them with a loud voice that they should come unto me, and partake of the fruit, which was desirable above all other fruit."
(Verse 15)
"And it came to pass that they did come unto me and partake of the fruit also." (Verse 16)

I am extremely grateful for this gospel. I am grateful for parents who raised me in truth and righteousness so I could be here in Zimbabwe helping others to know of the truth also. As Thomas S. Monson said in this past conference, "We are blessed to have the truth, we have a mandate to share the truth. Let us live the truth." 

-- 
Love,
Sister Beckstead












No comments:

Post a Comment