Monday, February 27, 2017

Ran Mine

How's it going family and friends!
TRANSFER NEWS: I AM STAYING IN CHIPADZE WITH SISTER NAFULA FOR ANOTHER TRANSFER. I'm so happy. She's the best. Two other sisters - sister Buthelezi and sister anyango are moving into our house & we are really excited. Here's one of the many reasons I love my companion. We come home late on Saturday night and we were closing the day and she starts praying and then stops and says, "God gave us baptisms today!!! We have to get down and kneel." 
Yesterday sister Nafula goes, "sister beckstead, you taught me something. The day my mom died and I received a priesthood blessing, you later asked me if I heard what they said. I answered that I didn't really listen. You then told me some special things the blessing said and I know you listened carefully. You taught me to listen to blessings and because of this, I listened to Jacqueline's blessing when she received the gift of the Holy Ghost today, and it said she was going to one day go to the temple and perform baptisms for the dead for her loved ones. When she was baptized yesterday I just imagined her dad (who passed away) getting baptized and it made me feel happy inside. Thank you for teaching me that." 
Funny story. So I had a really bad headache on Saturday, so I took some Advil then I don't even know what happened but I started sweating like crazy, my entire body was wet as if I just bathed and my companion was like what is going on... I mean I was drenched. I still don't know what happened but it was so funny and we still laugh about it. Sorry, kind of gross. I guess it was kind of like a hot yoga experience, without the yoga. 
We went to a part of our area we have never been to called Ran Mine and it's so cool people mine for gold and then process it... We are going back there this week because it is a productive area. 
This week our zone watched the missionary broadcast which was great and here are some things I learned from it:
  • Testify of Jesus Christ. Keep His name on your lips. If you are ever unsure of what to say, testify of Him and His doctrines. 
  • Are we too concerned about ourselves? Fear disappears when we love the people and forget ourselves. D&C 6:36
  • It's not just about baptizing but continuing working with that person, being patient with them and realizing they have their own timeline. 
  • None of us are good enough, we just need to be our best. He will make us better than we imagined. 
I know this church is chokwadie (truth)!! I love being here. I love sharing the light and truth. God is good all the time, let me tell you. Only through His strength I know I can do all things. I'm so thankful for the many wonderful blessings in my life, I will be forever grateful for what God has blessed me with and continues to do so. "This is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo.... (Alma 26:36) Now this is my joy and my great thanksgiving; yea and I will give thanks unto my God forever. (Alma 26:37)"
I hope everyone has a great week like always!! I know it seems like I'm so far away and distanced but I'm only an email away. I love you all! 

-- 
Love,
Sister Beckstead








No comments:

Post a Comment