Monday, February 20, 2017

Week who knows what cause I am enjoying!!

Hello family and friends,
This week was very busy. We had a zone meeting on Tuesday, then after that we went straight to Harare for exchanges. I was so happy when I got there and Sister Bergen had made Swig sugar cookies!!! Yes! We got back from exchanges on Thursday morning then my companion and I moved into a new house closer to our area on Friday...It was filthy when we moved there so we spent a lot of time this morning cleaning it. Some of the relief society sisters came and did service helping us clean we were so happy.
What I liked from zone meeting:
•"Satan trembles when he sees the weakest Saint on his knees... 2 Nephi 32:8-9" -elder Williams 
•We need to record the feelings of our heart.
•"We need to love one another not just because God said so but because it is the true desire of our hearts. We can't be hypocrites and go and teach people to love one another when we ourselves don't even love our companions." -elder Chirande 
This drunk man came up to us this week & was talking all kinds of crazy and made us laugh a bit. He goes, "I'm a rich man, you know. I got push carts, flee markets and cattle..." then he got all quiet and says, "me goes...." & walks away. 
Last night we had interviews with President Mkhabela and he talked about how lucky we are to be in Bindura since it is so peaceful. I agree with him on that part. On a spiritual note, I loved what he shared with us in 1 Corinthians chapter 4 where it is talking about the apostles doing missionary work. He talked about keeping the faith through our sufferings. These are the verses we read, "For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men. We are fools for Christ's sake, but we are wise in Christ; we are weak, but we are strong; ye are honorable, but we are despised. Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;" (verses 9-11)
This scripture made me realize how grateful I am to be here. Of course it's hard every day. We walk in mud all day and are dirty- constantly being rained upon. Other days we are beaten down by the sun. We don't get to talk to our families or friends as much as we wish we could and we miss our favorite treats from home. It shows what those who love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are willing to do. Lately I have learned to have a positive attitude about life and just be happy all the time - it is much more enjoyable!!! Try it!!!
Well, we have a world to save! Let's go! I love and miss you all! I have another busy week (which is the best as a missionary) because we are getting ready for baptisms!!! Yay!!!! 


-- 

Love,
Sister Beckstead














No comments:

Post a Comment