Monday, January 2, 2017

The Plan of Happiness!!!

FIRST OF ALL - IT IS LATE BUT SKYPING MY FAMILY WAS THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD AS A MISSIONARY. QUINN'S CORNROWS WERE LEGIT.
On another note, hello my dear family and friends!
This week I had a couple of opportunities to share the Plan of Happiness/Salvation with people!
1.) Maria. We went to her house to get to know her better but she mentioned how her son passed away several years ago around this same time and how she was sad. We then knew she needed to hear the Plan of Salvation. As we explained it to her, tears streamed down her face and she said, "Since 2011, I thought I would never see my son again. I am so happy." She recognized the truth of the message of the Plan of Salvation.
2.) The Paine family. A sweet family in our ward that recently lost a family member on Saturday. This is one of the 999 reasons I love the Queensdale ward, but anyways, as a ward we piled up into a kombi after church and went to sing comforting hymns and read scriptures to them. They definitely felt the love and needed it especially at this time.

I am thankful for the knowledge we have been given of the Plan Of Salvation. I know it has lifted me in my life by giving me hope, peace and joy. The Plan of Salvation gives us the courage to press onward in this life and we know we have a loving Heavenly Father who gave this plan to us. He gave it to us because He knows this life can bring many heartaches of every kind but He continues to bind them with His love. This year let us try harder to heal others' wounds-sharing the love in our hearts of the gospel with others, as it has healed our own wounds. We can do this by sharing the message of the Plan of Salvation in simple ways. Maybe you have a friend that just lost a loved one, or someone with a new baby in the family. As we pray and ask our Heavenly Father how we can share the gospel, He will provide ways for us. Even Dieter F. Uchtdorf mentioned in conference how when he would share specifically the Plan Of Salvation with his friends when he was young.  ("Some of my friends would say that this message felt familiar, even though such things were never taught in their religious upbringing. It was as if they had always known these things to be true, as if was simply casting light on something that was always and deeply rooted in their hearts.")
President Thomas S. Monson said, 
"We are blessed to have the truth. We have mandate to share the truth. Let us live the truth, that we might merit all that the Father has for us. He does nothing save it be for our benefit. He has told us, “This is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.”1"

Pictures:
1. The rabbit we braiied for Christmas.
2. santa hats.
3. Queensdale is so beautiful.
4. sister richards is my favorite

-- 
Love,
Sister Beckstead




No comments:

Post a Comment