Monday, January 9, 2017

Refiners Fire

Highlights of the Week/Random:
1. My new favorite hymn is #307 "In Our Lovely Deseret" and I get so happy when we sing it... It's like the song here!! I had never heard it at home.
2. Hand washing my clothes this transfer has taught me so much patience and I am so thankful for washing machines. 
3. We had 6 investigators come to church on Sunday (most of which we just contacted) which is such a miracle for Queensdale! Wowww. 

On Saturday night I was a bit disappointed because our baptismal candidate fell through. My companion and I have worked really hard in a tough area and we felt that we were finally seeing the fruits of our labors. A lesson I learned is that at the end of the day when disappointments come, and they will, we won't be disappointed in ourselves as long as we keep the commandments and try the best that we can. What matters most to our Heavenly Father is that we are doing our best and our hearts are inclined towards Him. This area has definitely been the refiners fire for me but it has been good. 

I really enjoy being a missionary. It is the best thing ever. I will forever be changed because I decided to serve. This is the greatest thing, this gospel makes me happy. I am so thankful that I was blessed with the gospel so I could have this opportunity to give it to those here in Zimbabwe. I love the people, the culture and even the food!!! (I can't believe I am actually saying that.) 

Pictures:
1: Zimbabwe livin'
2: FHE last Monday with the ward family. <3
3: We made Elder Sakala a cake for his birthday!
4: Selfieee
5: It is mosquito season. These are my best friends.


-- 
Love,
Sister Beckstead









No comments:

Post a Comment