Monday, November 28, 2016

Simplicity is beautiful.

11/14/16

Forgive me now, but this internet cafe is not working well right now
so please forward this email to anyone that you know who didn't
receive it! Thanks. I also can't get back to a lot of personal emails
today, but I will soon! Love you all. Also, pictures hopefully next
week! I have a lot to send! :)

Big, heavy drop of cool rain with roaring thunder and lightning which
strikes throughout the whole sky is what best describes an African
rainstorm. Definitely a wondrous sight to see. Yeah, whenever it rains
our electricity goes out and we mostly come home soaking wet from head
to toe but I love it. Something that I have come to know about myself
is that I love beautiful scenery. The beach, flowers, mountains... it
all makes me very happy! Although, we can look at the majesty &
grandeur of the world around us and ask ourselves, "Who am I in
comparison?" We are the very reason that our universe was created.

Moses 1:39 says, "For behold, this is my work and my glory to bring to
pass the immortality and eternal life of man." We are everything to
Him.

Highlights:
1.) Everyone in Kuwadzana calls my companion and I, "Sister
Walbeckstead." It is sort of legit.
2.) When you are teaching a preacher and it starts raining he will
say, "The heavens have opened!!!" Hahaha
3.) THE BIGGEST HIGHLIGHT OF MY WEEK:
The elders had a very beautiful and spiritually uplifting baptism on
Saturday. The simplicity of it is what made my heart warm. The font
was outside amidst lush trees (looked like it was in the middle of the
jungle) and the water in the font was very low- the church had no
water to fill up the font but it ended up working nonetheless. The
humble circumstance made me deeply realize that it doesn't really
matter where we are, as long as we all have the same purpose. I still
can't quite pinpoint what made it so beautiful to me. Maybe it was the
sweet birds singing in the trees. It was so peaceful. I really, truly
felt God's love for all people, whatsoever land they may be in. I know
that Our Heavenly Father loves all of his children in every land. I
really have a strong testimony of that. (Alma 26-end of chapter.)

Well, I love you all! I hope that everyone has a wonderful week.

--
Love,
Sister Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment