Monday, November 28, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving! :D

11/24/16













Hello family and friends!

Highlights of the week:
1. Watched our ward missionary eat termites (ishwa.) Not sure how to feel about that.
2. 2 JW's came to church on Sunday. what up. 
3. Friday night it was raining like crazy and my companion and I were soaking wet from head to toe but we had an appointment we had to get to. When we got there, this sweet woman finds us a change of clothes, serves us warm milk & sugar and cleaned our muddy shoes for us. TRUE CHRISTIANITY!

Gratitude. Something we all try to cultivate in our lives. Just today, I was overwhelmed when I heard Clayton say the closing prayer to end the lesson. In the prayer he said, 'I believe you have sent these missionaries to me Lord, and I don't know how to thank you.' I hope and pray we can all see the blessings in our lives with such a powerful feeling that we 'don't even know how to thank Him.' I felt gratitude last Sunday at church when I saw some recent converts passing the sacrament. I am so thankful to be here in Zimbabwe serving God's children.

P.s. Tonight my household is having a Thanksgiving feast. I am very excited.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and a great weekend! I love you all!




-- 
Love,
Sister Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment