Monday, August 29, 2016

Bloom Where You are Planted and Embrace the Culture!

Something that I learned this week is that I can either complain that it's too hot outside, that I'm tired of being called white girl, OR I can bloom where I am planted and embrace the culture. We can be so focused on the garbage and disgust on the ground that we forget to look up and enjoy the beauty that surrounds us. 

On Saturday, my heart was filled with joy as Takudzua, a 14 year old boy who is a sweetheart and Melissa a single mother of two were baptized. Being able to teach them the gospel and see how their lives have changed for the better is the reason why I am here- bringing others closer to Christ. Melissa said, "I knew that baptism was the right thing for me because everything just fell into place." 

Brother Sekuru:
 Came to church on Sunday! Words can't describe how I felt when he walked through the door- I was extremely happy. Sekuru lives a simple life of peace and joy- the kind of man who whenever Sister Ziqubu and I go to his home to teach him, he is sitting in a lawn chair observing his surrounding and enjoying the sunlight. He told us that he knows the church is true this week and he is getting baptized on September 24th.

Brother Kayenda:
The economy in Zimbabwe is tough right now, just google it. Oftentimes when people try to get money out of the bank-there is no money. Brother Kayenda said that he gets scared to go get money out of the bank. He prays and pleads with His Heavenly Father before he goes to the bank that he will be able to access money. The struggles the Zimbabwean people go through even on a daily basis is just tough. It makes me happy that I can give them something even better than any worldly substance, I can give them the gospel!

I'm sorry that I couldn't send any photos this week - hopefully I can next week! 

I love you all so much! I hope all of you have a very wonderful week. :)

Love,
Sister Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment