Friday, September 9, 2016

Always in the Middle

This week was interesting. By that I mean I got proposed to twice and the electricity went out while I was grocery shopping at nighttime. Haha. Serving a mission in Zimbabwe is always an adventure and I love it so much.

A few highlights from this week:
1. The other sisters I live with had a wedding, wedding reception, and baptism for a couple of their investigators, it was really fun!
2. This little girl in my ward calls me Elsa every time I see her- she even wore an Elsa dress on Sunday AWW.
3. Brother Sekuru told us that ever since he started meeting with sister Ziqubu and I his bad dreams stopped!

Spiritual thought of the week:
While I am still at the beginning of my mission and I have family and friends starting at the beginning of another school year, I read this talk that I feel like can help us all. In the July 2012 Liahona, there is an article by Dieter F. Uchtdorf called, "Always in the Middle." Uchtdorf mentions how considering ourselves in the middle of things can help us to understand life a little better, and also to live it more meaningfully.

 Psalm 118:24 reads, "This is the day the Lord hath made; we should rejoice and be glad in it." 

Of course there are beginnings and endings in our lives but they are only markers throughout our eternal lives. "Whether we are at the beginning or the end, whether we are young or old, the Lord can use us for His purposes if we simply set aside whatever thoughts limit our ability to serve and allow His will to shape our lives." ... "Being in the middle means that the game is never over, hope is never lost, defeat is never final. For no matter where we are or what our circumstances, an eternity of beginnings and an eternity of endings stretch out before us."

I hope you all have a great week! This gospel is amazing and sure does give me a lot of happiness. I love you all.

Love,
Sister Beckstead

Picture 1: Megan and I.
Picture 2: The area.
Picture 3: We found a fancy restaurant.
Picture 4: The wedding!
Picture 5: The baptisms of Melissa and Takudzua.
Picture 6: The area.
Picture 7: Selfieee.







No comments:

Post a Comment