Sunday, October 29, 2017

Sincere Prayers

8/14/2017

Hello family and friends,
So this week was a bit crazy with a little sickness and working in two very productive areas! It has been very busy but the work is always satisfying. 
I have good news! I will be staying here in Gweru and training a brand new missionary named Sister Perry. I have not met her yet but everyone keeps teasing me saying, "what if she is L. Tom Perry's granddaughter?!" I will meet her tomorrow and I will let you know more about her and where she is from next week.
We taught this young boy named Takudzwa and I love what he said as we were teaching him. We asked, "How do you feel at church?" He said, "I feel protected." We then asked, "How do you feel when you pray?" His response, "Like my Father in heaven is listening." I learned a lot from those responses. When was the last time you prayed and really believed that He was there listening to you? When you had believed that He had nothing better to do than to listen to you? When we pray in faith and sincerity of heart, I can testify that He does hear and answer our prayers, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 
Pictures:
1) Beautiful family we are teaching
2) Teaching under banana trees, yes!
3) Monopoly with some members... I won.... ;D







-- 
Love,
Sister Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment