Sunday, October 29, 2017

Eternity

8/21/2017

Hello family and friends,

This week was cool, spent most of my week in Harare at a training and then came back to Gweru Thursday and had the normal schedule.

Yesterday after church our investigator Violet fed us lunch. After lunch we thanked her and were preparing to leave then she said, "I should be the one thanking you. You have shown me the way to eternal life and where I go after this life. When you first came I used to just throw the pamphlets and I didn't have much interest in the gospel but you kept pushing me and coming back again and again. You had so much patience with me and now I know the truth." This really touched my heart a lot. This is what missionary work is all about. No effort is ever wasted. 

What-e'er thou art, act well thy part. It does not matter if we are a bishop or a nursery teacher but we are all here to build God's kingdom here on the earth. We should always be thankful for the opportunities we receive to serve and become better people more fully exemplifying the life of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I love D&C 81:5, "Wherefore, be faithful; stand in the office which I have appointed unto you; succor the weak, lift the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees." I know that as we serve with all our heart, might, mind and strength we can trust in the promise that Heavenly Father can make more out of us than we ever could ourselves. This is enabled as we align our will to His. 

Pictures: 
donkeys, Sister Perry and I, Violet's son and I, Jekacheka Road, cute kids, & traditional food.







Have courage & be kind!
Love you all!!!
-- 
Love,
Sister Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment