Monday, April 24, 2017

Power of PRAYER.

4/24/17

Hello family and friends,
This week my companion and I prayed for new investigators and Heavenly Father miraculously answered us. We went to go teach Bruce (recent convert who just got baptized on Saturday) and he had seriously 7 friends there for us to teach, all very interested in the gospel.We didn't even ask for referrals, they all just randomly showed up. Anyways, we taught them "The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ" and at the end of the lesson, told them to pray about it. Later in the week we followed up and went and asked them how they felt when they prayed. Ladin answered, "when I prayed Heavenly Father put all those things you taught us in my remembrance again then I thought it must be true if I am remembering all this again through the spirit." POWERFUL. Heavenly Father wants to bless us!!!!! Ask for help!!!!!!
I just finished The Book of Mormon and it seems each time I do, my gratitude and testimony of it grows. I know it is true every time I read it.  I am trying my very best to follow Thomas S. Monson's counsel and read it every single day, and I encourage you to too!
I had a big smile on my face in sacrament meeting yesterday. We were singing the opening hymn and I look outside the window and there I see Bruce running to church fast so he wouldn't miss his confirmation. Love that kid and his obedience and righteous desires.

I love you all! :) Everything is great out here in Zimbabwe, can't complain!!
Pic 1- cute kids
Pic 2- How sadza milie meal is made:Dry the corn out, take it to a grinding mill and make sadza!!
Pic 3- First paragraph of my email.... Bruce and his friends we are teaching.
Pic 4 & 5- baptisms
Pic 6- chicken feet and intestines.
Pic 7- nature
--
Love,
Sister Beckstead







No comments:

Post a Comment