Monday, December 5, 2016

#LIGHTtheWORLD

Hello family and friends!

Highlights of the Week:
1) Beauty was able to be baptized on her birthday Saturday!

2) Took a kombi to the area one day which happened to be filled with many school kids. One little girl sitting next to me poked me & said, "If you are English how come you speak Shona?" #YES #FLUENT... it was so cute and heart warming.

3) This week I really felt the love from the people around me. I was having a bad day one day and so I said a silent prayer in my heart to feel better. Five minutes later some cute little girls in my ward came and ran to me giving me hugs! I knew it was an answer to my prayer. :)

4) This news is bittersweet. I am being transferred from Kuwadzana to a new area called Queensdale. I don't know much about it but next week's email will be filled with juicy details! I will miss Kuwadzana with all of my heart & truly experienced miracles there. There is work to be done in Queensdale and I am looking forward to this new beginning.

5) My new companion is Sister Mpiyakhe. She is South African and seems super sweet! I have heard very nice things about her and am excited.

#LIGHTtheWORLD:
I hope that everyone is doing the #LIGHTtheWORLD calendar so we can truly help everyone feel Jesus Christ's light this Christmas season. 
Things I have done so far:
December 1: Prayed to know how to help those around me.
December 2: Wrote a letter to my parents.
December 3: Read the Book of Mormon to a blind lady in our ward who couldn't read herself!
December 4: Went to church :)
This week I was pondering what it means to light the world. It means to be an answered prayer and share the gospel freely with those around you. It is to serve others. Simply put, it is to live a life the way Jesus Christ did. I really hope this Christmas season we can reach out to others in love! That is my message to you all. 

 14 Verily, verily, say unto you, give unto you to be the light of this people. city that is set on hill cannot be hid.
 15 Behold, do men light candle and put it under bushel? Nay, but on candlestick, and it giveth light to all that are in the house;
 16 Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven.


I love and miss all of you! Have a great week. :) 
Mailing Address:
65 Enterprise Rd. Highlands Harare Zimbabwe. 

-- 
Love,
Sister Beckstead






No comments:

Post a Comment